With the objective of promoting electronic commerce among the Parties and wider use of electronic commerce globally, the AANZFTA establishes a framework for cooperation and coordination on electronic commerce under the Chapter on Electronic Commerce.
The Chapter stipulates that as soon as practicable, parties shall maintain or adopt:
- domestic laws and regulations that will govern electronic transactions taking into account the UNCITAL 1996 Model Law on Electronic Commerce
- measures based on international standards for electronic authentication
Further, the Chapter provides that, where possible, parties shall:
- provide protection for consumers using electronic commerce
- protect the personal data of the users of electronic commerce
- work toward the implementation of initiatives that provide paperless trading
In facilitating the promotion and development of electronic commerce, the parties have agreed to undertake cooperation activities in the form of research and training on electronic commerce.
Read the Agreement: Chapter 10. Electronic Commerce
The ASEAN Secretariat
DISCLAIMER: The ASEAN Secretariat shall not be held liable for any omissions or inaccuracies in the content of this website. It shall not accept any liability for any claims, loss, or expenses that may arise or arising from use of information from this website. Reliance on the information is at the reader’s or user's sole risk and responsibility.